Saturday, April 30, 2011

The Big Decision in Life!

I wanted to put this up a week ago, but got caught up in many personal things which have gotten me a little down and sad recently. With that being said, performed Pictures at an Exhibition last night...Bydlo was great minus one frack, and my main tuning slide fell out while playing on the Great Gate of Kiev (too much air I guess). Played the Lebedev Concert Allegro tonight, and it did NOT go as well as expected. I guess it went well because I got praise from non-brass music professors, but with my 2nd valve sticking on my CC and not really ready, I am just not happy with the performance.

So while sanding down my valve guide, I realized I have what is called performance frustration. I get knots in my throat, body gets tense, and I have to fight to have the big, dark tone I am known for. I guess the ONLY cure is to RELAX and RELAX IN LIFE. All my TMJ problems can probably be linked to stress and hard work...as a dentist said (thus the neck pains and such related are all due to stress). Relaxing is the ONE thing I need to work on, and as I start my DMA, my main goal is to RELAX, as that is the ONE thing keeping me from getting the job I need.

I need to get my CC tuba cleaned, flushed, valves aligned, new guides and springs, etc., but I just don't have $300 to do that. I will have to make do for now.

With that being said, I have decided on a DMA school. I am going to Ohio State University on the teaching associateship for tuba. I am excited about this, and am planning a visit Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment